Ephesians 6:10-18 – Prayer for Armour of God
Do you know the prayer for the armour of God? We are told which pieces to take up and what they will do to fight the enemy.
- 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
- 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
- 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Put on the armour
- 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
- 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
- 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
- 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Check out full chapter at http://www.biblegateway.com
My Heavenly Father,
It is my desire to wear the armour of God today and everyday. I have confessed my sins to you and you have blessed me with righteousness and mercy and I am clean and ready to put on the armour of God
Gird my loins with the belt of truth.
- These are the words of God.
- Allow me to read the word every day to fill the well within me, with knowledge of you Lord.
Extend over my body the breastplate of righteousness.
- The purity of God. Thank you Father for cleansing me of my sins.
Shod my feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
- I have peace wherever I go.
- People will feel my peace and take a part of that peace.
- My peace shall continue to grow and spread.
- I walk covered with the blood of Jesus and can call upon peace over any situation in Jesus name.
I take up the shield of faith.
- It extinguishes all the fiery darts of the evil one.
- I have faith that The Lord is the one and only God.
- There is no other.
Allow me to put on the helmet of salvation.
- I have the mind of Christ.
- I think like Christ, I speak, I hear, I see like Christ.
- Because of what Jesus did for me on the cross, I am the extension of Christ on earth.
I hold in my hand the sword of the Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit reminds me of the words of God that I need in any given situation.
And prayer, thank you Lord for prayer.
- Allow me to pray continuously all day.
- Let The Holy Spirit bring to mind the words of God that I have accumulated in the belt of truth.
- I can pray for:
- Myself, my family, my friends, strangers and others.
- Over situations like marriages, parenting, finances, health, etc.
- For countries, governments, situations and well anything.
- I can pray in the Spirit, and the Holy Spirit helps me in my endeavors, reminding me of the promises and words of God.
- And best of all – prayer makes Satan a defeated foe.
Thank you a Father for the armour of God.
I am now standing strong and well equipped to face the day and the trials that the enemy may try to bring against me or my loved ones. I will go forth today, knowing that these fights are not with flesh and blood but against principalities and powers of darkness.
These battles are fought in the heavens. I will stay alert, at ready with my armour intact, ready to use your Words at any given moment.
Thank you Father for covering me and giving me the authority over the enemy, in the name of Jesus. I do not rejoice that I have this authority, but that my name is written in the Lamb’s book of life.
In the precious name of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen. Hallelujah!