Taking Peace from the Earth – Red Horse
3: And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4: And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Read the complete chapter at http://www.biblegateway.com
Jesus Opens the Second Seal – Red Horse
3. “Come and see”.
The beast with the face of a calf/ox steps forward and brings John’s attention to a red horse and rider.
4. Rider upon a red horse that represents taking peace from the earth.
- Red in this case stands for warfare and blood to be spilled.
- Strife between men brings on bigger fights leading to wars.
The red horse and rider don’t necessarily have to bring war to the earth.
- Take the peace from people’s hearts and war begins.
- The red horse has been on this earth for an awfully long time already, but now brings more wars, battles, and strife.
- Today we see more arguments, fights, bombing, killings, shootings, etc. of man against man then ever.
The Days Ahead
The days ahead, shown in the Book of Revelation, will be worse than anything we have seen to date!
- Why? Because many people have not and are still not paying attention to the Holy Spirit’s warnings.
- Many are living a life of death.
- They are following Satan and have not repented.
- God has sent this horse and rider out into the world to create turmoil in hopes of people turning to him for help and salvation before His judgements begin.
- These seals (birthing pains) are just the beginning pains of what lies ahead.
- God wishes for no one to be lost.
What’s Another Way Peace Can Be Taken?
Another way that peace can be taken is based on an individual’s decision to accept or reject Jesus.
- By rejection, the person misses out on the spiritual peace that comes from being a Christian.
- By accepting Christ, the person is possibly at the center of opposition from non-believers.
- It is now a world in turmoil.
I remind you – the Holy Spirit is always inside Christians, enabling us to deal with whatever comes our way.
- Unfortunately, there will be more of this type of persecution throughout the tribulation and great tribulation periods than ever before.
God will never force you to become his child Psalm 32: 8-10
Psalm 56:3-4 When I Am Afraid, I Will Trust In God
Love God enough to make him the center of your life Psalm 84: 10-12