John 1: 8-10
If We Say We Have No Sin
- 1 John 1:8-10
-  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
- Read complete chapter here: www.biblegateway.com
If we deceive ourselves and say we have not sinned, it shows that we do not have Jesus working in us. Then we continue to live as sinners. The sin we hold keeps us out of eternal life at our death.
Jesus has already done the first part for each and every person. He took away our sins with the work he did on the cross. Meaning, that because he was crucified, died and rose again, we can now be offered his crucifixion, death and rising to life on the third day can offer us salvation.
Jesus’ work on the cross
- To activate His work on the cross, we must confess that Jesus is Lord and, ask him to come into our lives as our Saviour.
- Then, it is very important to confess our sins as sin.
- It is wrong for us to say “if I have sin within me, please cleanse me”. When using that method we are not confessing we are sinners.
- As Christians we should feel the conviction of our sin. Meaning if we sin and are ok with it, then we are not living a Christian life.
- The Holy Spirit allows us feel uncomfortable. That is to say that we will get a gnawing feeling in our soul that we need to make things right.
- We must confess those sins to God through Jesus. However, attempting to hide from sin, will not bring salvation.
- It is better to say “Jesus, please search me and show me my sin”. Because God already knows each and every one of our sins.
- We cannot hide our iniquities and transgressions from God. So, it’s better to confess to the Lord right away.
Through the grace of God, we are forgiven. Then this allows us to pray directly to God, through the name of his son, Jesus Christ.
My prayer for John 1:8-10
You sent your only son, Jesus for the salvation of the world. That is to say that Jesus came to earth to willingly die for me. In addition, the work Jesus accomplished with his death and resurrection, allow me the chance of salvation.
May I always remember that I am a sinner. For instance no matter, whatever I believe I have or have not done, there is sin within me, that must be confessed. There are two types of sin!. First, there is the sin that I am aware of and secondly there are iniquities buried deep inside of me, that I am unaware of. Above all, both of these sins need to be confessed to cleanse me.
I am aware that I have sinned and I realize there are things that are not pleasing to you. Because of this, I pray you will forgive and cleanse me. Please search me Lord, and bring to my mind the things I need to confess. (Listen to the Lord)
Thank you Father God for bringing those remembrance of sin to my mind. So that I can now confess them with my mouth. Further more, I come to you with a sinful heart and I confess my sin. (I confess…)
Father, I am grateful that you will cleanse me, through Christ Jesus, with your grace and love. Therefore, I now accept your forgiveness with thanks and gratitude. I am so very blessed Lord for all you do for me and above all I want to thank you for loving me as you do.
In Jesus’ holy name I pray. Amen Hallelujah!