Are you a Sheep or a Goat? – Psalm 34:11-16
-  Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
-  What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
-  Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
-  Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
-  The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
-  The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
In Psalm 34:11-16 David is calling the people to come and listen to him while he speaks of the true God. In particular, he wants only the people who are open to hearing what he has to say.
There was so much idol worship and heathenism in the area that David decided to talk to those who’s hearts, minds and souls had not been totally lost to evil. Furthermore, it was his desire to talk only to people who were really ready to listen.
David Knew The Lord Well
He knew God as the Lord of hosts (leader of armies of heaven) And as Jehovah-Rohi (the Lord is our shepherd.) Therefore David is attempting to talk to the sheep. Wanting to explain the difference between the differences between the sheep and the goats, without confrontation.
- God see’s the people of earth in 2 groups.
- There are the sheep (those who follows the voice of the Lord.).
- Also, there are the goats (those who follow the way of the world.)
David Wonders Aloud
- Why would anyone choose to live an evil life in misery?
- Especially, when they could be enjoying a happy life, living in the Lord.
David calls for the people to turn away from any evil which some may still be holding onto.
- He’s looking for those who want a better life.
- That is, the ones who are willing to change their ways, and to seek righteous and peace.
- So David tells the people that God keeps his eyes on those who are living a life of peace.
- That is, those who follow the Lord, will be seen by God.
- And, his ears will be open when they cry out to him.
- Specifically, at their death, they will receive eternal life.
- Furthermore, that God will know their names forevermore.
- On the other hand, God will not listen to those people who do not change their ways.
- That is, the people who prefer to remain living with their evil.
- Regardless, everyone has the right to choose which way to live.
- However, at their death, they will receive eternal death.
- In addition, their names wiped out of existence forevermore.
My Prayer for Psalm 34:11-16
Thank you that evil cannot be near you. One day all believers will live in heaven with you. And all evil will cease to exist.
I pray for all the people who live for themselves, false gods or idols. I am praying for their eyes to open. And that they will see the one and only true God, you, before it’s too late for them.
How do I know that you are the one true GOD?
- Through your Word
- And because I have faith.
I know others have their own religions and bibles. So how can I rely on the Christian Bible being the true one?
- So far all of the prophecies that are in the Old and New Testaments have been fulfilled as written.
- The only prophesies left to come are the ones that will be realized during the last days.
- If that is not enough in itself, the Bible is the number one seller of books.
- According to the Guinness Book of Records, research conducted by the British and Foreign Bible Society in 2021 suggests that the total number probably lies between 5 and 7 billion copies sold.
- Furthermore, in the 21st century, Bibles are printed at a rate of around 80 million per year.
- Proving that people other than myself, want and believe in the writings of God, hence the Bible.
Why Do I Personally Believe?
- Because I know the Lord.
- And, I have seen with my own eyes the miracles you have done in my life and others.
- Jesus walked this earth as a the Son of Man, even though his is the Son of God.
- The very best reason of all, I know that I know, that I know.
- Best of all, I believe in God and in the words of the Bible by faith.
Thank you Lord, that even though I have never seen you, I have the faith that you are who you say you are. And that everything the Bible teaches me I can believe, learn from and rely on.
I can rest that you are watching over me each and every day. I can relax knowing that my name is written in the Lambs book of life. And most importantly, that upon my death, my name will be remembered for eternity.
Thank you Father
For loving the world. Thank you Lord that it is your desire that all people come to the knowledge of God. I pray that many people will turn to you before your will for earth is accomplished!
In the holy and awesome name of your son, JESUS CHRIST, I pray. Amen Hallelujah!